The New Mexico State Parks Division is currently preparing its five-year update of the State Outdoor Recreation Plan. This plan will assess priorities for Land and Water Conservation Fund grants for 2021 through 2025. The Land and Water Conservation Fund provides matching grants for outdoor recreation projects, including land acquisition and construction.
A Community Survey is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GetOutsideNM-Survey Your survey response needs to be submitted by April 12th, 2021.
Your input can help the planning team gain a better understanding of:
- What are the strengths of New Mexico’s outdoor recreation opportunities, including events and facilities;
- Outdoor recreation opportunities that are underutilized or underdeveloped including events and facilities;
- Areas and places that are lacking recreation opportunities/facilities and what types of outdoor recreation facilities would provide these areas with the greatest benefits;
- Strengths, weaknesses, issues, and opportunities of outdoor recreation resources on public lands; and
- Opinions of out of state visitors regarding strengths, issues, and opportunities for current outdoor recreation resources in New Mexico.
For more information and to track the progress of the plan, go to the SCORP website: https://www.getoutsidenm.org/