During the live press conference yesterday, hosted by The New Mexico Department of Health, Dr. Tracie Collins went into further detail on the distribution plan for Phases 1B, 1C, and 2 for the COVID-19 vaccine.
In Phase 1B of the vaccination effort: From now until the Spring
- Individuals 75 years of age and older
- Individuals 16 or older with underlying medical conditions that place them at greater risk from COVID-19
- Frontline essential workers who cannot work remotely
- Vulnerable populations (residents of congregate care settings)
Phase 1C: Projected around the Spring
- Adults 60 years or older
- Other essential workers unable to work remotely
Phase 2: Projected in the summer of 2021
- Everyone else in the general public ages 16 and older
New Mexicans are encouraged to register for vaccination at https://cvvaccine.nmhealth.org. NMDOH will notify registrants when vaccine is available.