The State of New Mexico Department of Finance Administration has announced an Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) to provide $170 million of federal aid to households experiencing financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The application period has officially opened as of yesterday, April 5th and will commence on Tuesday, August 31, 2021.
Renters may apply for assistance at www.RentHelpNM.org. ERAP covers expenses related to rent, utility bills, trash removal, and other expenses related to housing like hotel/motel expenses.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Must be under rental lease agreement in New Mexico
- Households where one or more individuals receive unemployment benefits and/or have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Household where one or more individuals can demonstrate risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability
- A household income that falls under the COVID-19 Housing Cost Assistance Program Income Limits.
- Must provide documentation to demonstrate delinquency on rent, utilities, and other costs
- Must provide rent and utility obligations paid through March 31, 2020
For a full list of eligibility requirements and to access the application, please visit www.RentHelpNM.org. A link to the application is also available on the City of Clovis’ website at www.cityofclovis.org