The New Mexico Department of Health reported 13 additional COVID-19-related deaths and 2,156 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday. Due to the holiday weekend, those totals include data from Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
There are currently 129 individuals hospitalized in New Mexico with COVID-19. The NMDOH has modified its daily reporting of COVID-19 data. Their data dashboard no longer includes a daily breakdown of new cases and deaths in each county.
- 129 current hospitalizations The number of hospital beds currently occupied by individuals with COVID-19
- As of the last weekly hospitalization update on May 16th, 2022; there was only 52 reported
- 13 new deaths The total number of people who have died of COVID-19 that the state learned about yesterday.
- May 16th’s reports 8 deaths for the state of New Mexico
- 2,156 new cases The total number of people with COVID-19 that the state learned about yesterday. Results reported following a weekend or holiday include all new cases since the last update.
- 536,017 cumulative This case count includes all COVID-19 cases reported to the state from the start of the pandemic through the latest update.
To view the complete epidemiology report, please visit the New Mexico Department of Health’s website at: cv.nmhealth.org/epidemiology-reports/