PORTALES (KSEL)- In response to Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s order issued March 18, pertaining to the COVID-19 public health emergency and the directive to further implement social distancing in order to minimize public health risk, County Manager Amber Hamilton has issued the following directive that will impact all County Offices as of 8:00 AM on Monday, March 23, effective through Thursday, April 9.
County Government Administration, Clerk’s, Assessor’s, Treasurer’s, and Sheriff’s Offices, Planning/Emergency Management, Detention Center and Road will not provide direct in-person services to the public. If the public has business with any of these offices, business will need to be conducted via email, through the mail or by telephone and/or fax.
These offices will continue to be staffed and customers are encouraged to contact the offices with the information below:
- Administration – 575.356.5307 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detention – 575.356.6871 email@example.com
- Emergency Management – 575.359.2869 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance – 575.356.5307 email@example.com
- Human Resources – 575.356.5307 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indigent Healthcare – 575.356.5307 email@example.com
- Road Department – 575.356.5942 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assessor’s Office – 575.356.6971 email@example.com
- County Clerk’s Office – 575.356.8562 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheriff’s Office – 575.356.4404 email@example.com
- Treasurer’s Office – 575.356.4081 firstname.lastname@example.org
All payments for services, filing, recording and payment of taxes will need to be done via check, money order or credit card. Payments may be submitted through the mail, online, or customers may use the payment drop box located on the northeast corner of the Roosevelt County Courthouse.
Individuals seeking a marriage license will need to call the County Clerk’s Office and make arrangements.
Roosevelt County Detention Center will suspend visitation and outside services until April 10.
The March 24, Board of Commissioners’ regular meeting is canceled and the next regular meeting slated for April 7, at 9 a.m. will remain as scheduled.