The New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) reported 1 additional COVID-19-related death on Thursday.
The latest death includes:
- A female in her 70s from Luna County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
The number of deaths of New Mexico residents related to COVID-19 is now at 922.
In addition to the deaths, the state reported 672 additional COVID-19 cases. As of Thursday, New Mexico has reported a total of 34,958 cases.
The latest cases include:
- 303 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 37 new cases in Chaves County
- 6 new cases in Cibola County
- 17 new cases in Curry County
- 89 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 26 new cases in Eddy County
- 5 new cases in Grant County
- 3 new cases in Hidalgo County
- 28 new cases in Lea County
- 3 new cases in Lincoln County
- 14 new cases in Luna County
- 14 new cases in McKinley County
- 2 new cases in Mora County
- 2 new cases in Otero County
- 6 new cases in Quay County
- 1 new cases in Rio Arriba County
- 6 new cases in Roosevelt County
- 29 new cases in Sandoval County
- 28 new cases in San Juan County
- 2 new cases in San Miguel County
- 18 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 2 new cases in Taos County
- 20 new cases in Valencia County
- 6 new cases among individuals being held by federal agencies at the Otero County Prison Facility
- 2 new cases among New Mexico Corrections Department inmates at the Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Valencia County
- 3 new cases among New Mexico Corrections Department inmates at the Southern New Mexico Correctional Facility in Doña Ana County
A total of 1,027,392 tests have been conducted. The New Mexico Department of Health also reports that 19,457 cases are reported as recovered.