The ENMU Golden Student Success Center (GSSC) has been selected for publication in Endeavor Business Media’s American School and University 2021 Educational Interiors Showcase, which honors the nation’s most outstanding learning environments. The GSSC was featured in the August 2021 edition of the magazine which is available online at http://www.SchoolDesigns.com.
A jury of American Institute of Architects (AIA) members and education administrators evaluated submissions from architectural firms, schools and universities across the country. Seventy-five projects were chosen for publication. This is the 31st year the competition has been held.
Each project was considered based on specific criteria, including:
- Spaces designated for student wellness and well-being
- Green spaces
- Natural ventilation
- Material selections that are warmer, friendlier and help control the spread of Covid-19
- Security features
- Durability and flexibility
- Facilities that enhance equity across an institution
- Easily maintained facilities
- Spaces that enhance mental health and connectiveness
- Facilities that incorporate daylighting
- Imaginative use of color and how it connects to education
- Spaces that are appropriate for the age group they serve
- Universal design; spaces that minimize physical and social barriers and provide access to all
“We are immensely proud of the GSSC,” ENMU President Patrice Caldwell said. “From the first week it opened, the Golden Student Success Center has been a popular campus destination. The student and meeting spaces are welcoming and attractive. The wide range of services and resources, staffed by helpful staff, are assets to our campus.”
Re-opened after renovation in summer 2018, the GSSC is a state-of-the-art building featuring great study spaces, computer work stations, fast Wi-Fi, Einstein Bros. Bagels and more. The building houses the Golden Library, the Runnels Gallery and the offices of Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction and Distance Learning. “We couldn’t be happier to share this great academic and very ‘ENMU’ space with students, faculty, staff and visitors” Caldwell added.
For more information, please visit http://www.ASUMag.com and http://www.SchoolDesigns.com.